Creative Use of Yoga Props (Immersion Workshop)
274 S Main St
Waynesville, NC 28786
Yoga props can be a game-changer for anyone’s yoga practice and there are many creative and fun ways to work them into a class. The right prop can make a pose more accessible, allowing the body to have a completely different experience in that pose.
Even though we are using the pose to get into the body and not the body to get into the pose, it’s important to be nice to our bodies and find the right balance between effort and ease.
Yoga props can assist in passive stretching, which is the sweet spot where our bodies can really start to unwind and untangle deeply held tension in the body with little or no effort. Props can also encourage a more active engagement in a pose for support and structure for the desired balance between strength and flexibility.
Attendees will learn:
- various techniques to use the following props: a chair, wheel, bolsters, blocks, therapy balls, strap, blankets, foam rollers, and the 3-minute eggs
- ways that props can be creatively used in a yoga asana class to best support postures and provide room for exploration for their students
- prop benefits and the most effective techniques to incorporate them into class
- how to teach with the creative use of props and incorporate them into asanas
- how and when to suggest the use of a prop/props so that students feel more supported, more at ease, and/or have more space to explore movement in a particular shape
- study of anatomy and physiology along with its application to the yoga practice and teaching and how they could benefit from certain props
- how to work with an individual’s anatomy and physiology through the incorporation of props in order to best support their practice for comfort, challenge, balance, flexibility, and mobility
- the historical and/or traditional yogic philosophy and texts as it relates to the creative use of props
This immersive workshop will be taught by Jay MacDonald. Learn more about her here.
Fridays 6 – 9 PM Saturdays 9 AM – 6 PM (with a one hour lunch break) Sundays: 9 AM – 1 PM
Anyone is welcome to take these workshops without enrolling in the 300/500 YTT program. Gain knowledge, deepen your practice, and attend only what interests you! You may register for this workshop below without the application or administrative fees.
However, if you want this workshop to count for CEs and/or towards a 300/500 hour RYT with Yoga Alliance, you need to be enrolled in our program. Click here to confirm your status – or contact us for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org // 828.246.6570