Want to learn how to relieve sciatic pain, support your low back and increase your range of motion?
Sciatica is a common problem that can range from tingling / numbness to shooting pain down the hip or entire leg and foot. Left untreated, sciatica can significantly restrict movement.
Join us on October 27th to learn:
• Basic anatomy of the spine, pelvis, hips
• Common “syndromes” of hip + lower back restriction
• Posture myths and proper standing + sitting alignment
• Hip hinging vs bending at the waist
• Tools to alleviate pain in the: psoas, sacroiliac joints, piriformis
• Simple breathing techniques to help minimize pain
Register via our class calendar – the signup link below – or by calling 828.246.6570.
For more details about sciatica, click here.
Sara has practiced yoga for over 15 years and has been teaching yoga since 2014. After a 25-year career in international public health, Sara began a second career as a Certified Holistic Health Coach. Her passion for food led her to yoga when she began studying the connection between mindfulness and stress eating. Sara emphasizes alignment and posture in all her classes.
Her flow classes, which are fun and energetic, focus on lengthening the spine and improving balance and strength. Sara’s yin classes focus on pranayama (breath work) and deep relaxation. When she’s not on the mat, Sara can be found in the kitchen creating new recipes from locally sourced ingredients, or out exploring the hills of Western NC on a bicycle.