How Yoga Can Improve the Health, Flexibility, and Mobility of Our Connective Tissue (Immersion Workshop)
In this immersive workshop, we will address the importance of our connective tissue health and how it can have a direct effect on our yoga practice. Keeping our fascia and connective tissue lubricated and pliable should be one goal or intention in a well-rounded yoga class and practice.
Understanding the anatomy and physiology of our connective tissue will help us better understand the importance of weaving certain cues and instruction into our classes as teachers.
Thanks to more recent advances in science and pathology, we now know so much more about the role that fascia specifically plays in movement restriction and limitation related to scar tissue and old injuries. When it comes to connective tissue, less is more as we understand a more subtle approach to opening tight spaces and untangling deeply held tension in the body.
Attendees will learn:
- how to work with the fascial system in the body during yoga classes
- the systems of myofascial release and MERGE
- proper alignment, adjustments, and assists that best support myofascial release during classes
- how to implement the principles of myofascial release, MERGE, and the other techniques presented during this workshop into yoga classes
- about the interconnective tissue and how it relates to the nervous, muscular, and skeletal systems in the body
- how the anatomy and physiology of connective tissue can change over time due to stress or other conditions.
- the historical and/or traditional yogic philosophy and texts as it relates to how yoga can improve flexibility and mobility, as well as topics of yoga lifestyles and ethics for yoga teachers
- how to teach yoga to improve the health, flexibility, and mobility of the connective tissue as it relates to yoga
- how to design a yoga class that promotes the health, flexibility, and mobility of the connective tissue
Fridays 6 – 9 PM Saturdays 9 AM – 6 PM (with a one hour lunch break) Sundays: 9 AM – 1 PM
- Anatomy Trains by Thomas Myers
- 36 inch foam roller
- Two 4 inch vinyl play balls such as these:
- Two tennis balls in a sock OR one of these items:
Anyone is welcome to take these workshops a la carte, without enrolling in the 300/500 YTT program. Gain knowledge, deepen your practice, and attend only what interests you! You may register for this immersive workshop below without the application or administrative fees.
However, if you want this workshop to count for CEs and/or towards a 300/500 hour RYT with Yoga Alliance, you need to be enrolled in our program. Click here to confirm your status – or contact us for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org // 828.246.6570