Restorative Yoga (Immersion Workshop)
In this immersive workshop, students will learn the ins and outs of Restorative Yoga asana classes as well as how to incorporate hot stones during class.
This will include information on the benefits of Restorative Yoga classes and the use of hot stones as well as best practices to facilitate the calming of the nervous system and the restoration of yoga practices.
Attendees will learn:
- the anatomy of stress and how stress can manifest physically in the body through changes to anatomical and physiological functioning
- how restorative yoga can facilitate the activation of the parasympathetic nervous system to promote relaxation and release of stress from the body
- breathwork and mindfulness practices that encourage relaxation – including Nadi Shodana, progressive relaxation, and more
- specific asanas that are traditionally used in a restorative yoga class, common counter poses, and the tools to use when theming a class
- the fundamental elements of a restorative yoga class, including the use of props, creation of a relaxing atmosphere, and the techniques used to offer comfort to students during class
- proper ways to offer adjustments and assists, how to manage timing during the class, and the use of music
in-depth instruction on how to utilize hot stones during a restorative yoga class to promote rest
- guidance on code of conduct for asking about injuries as well as their scope of practice as it relates to interacting with students, providing insights into how students may feel during the yoga class, and offerings on what to do if students feel discomfort
Fridays 6 – 9 PM Saturdays 9 AM – 6 PM (with a one hour lunch break) Sundays: 9 AM – 1 PM
- Required: Relax and Renew by Judith Lasater
- Suggested: Restorative Yoga by Caren Bainski
Anyone is welcome to take these workshops a la carte, without enrolling in the 300/500 YTT program. Gain knowledge, deepen your practice, and attend only what interests you! You may register for this immersive workshop below without the application or administrative fees.
However, if you want this to count for CEs and/or towards a 300/500 hour RYT with Yoga Alliance, you need to be enrolled in our program. Click here to confirm your status – or contact us for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org // 828.246.6570